Friday, October 12, 2007

No to diesel fumes!!!

ever since I quit smoking last December, I’ve gained approximately an additional 30 lbs. in weight. because of this (plus the fact that I was diagnosed with hypertension also last December), I’ve been very eager to work out more regularly than before….in the hope of getting rid of them unwanted pounds.

i still work out in the mornings….except that now I don’t do it together with the aerobics group at the mandaluyong city hall park….



nor with the aerobics group at the barangay kapitolyo park.



i now do it at the gym at slimmer’s world international at SM megamall!!!



the reason for the change in venue? It’s this article in the New England Journal of Medicine on increased risks of diesel fumes on heart patients. “They found that inhaling diesel fumes while exercising changes the electrical behaviour of the heart, implying that air pollution reduces the amount of oxygen reaching the heart during exercise.”



Remember, both the parks where I used to do morning exercises are surrounded by roads frequented by diesel-powered jeepneys (more so the former than the latter)….and the air around metro manila itself is polluted by diesel fumes….hence it’s not wise anymore to exercise outdoors!!!

Of course, I still get to use my aerobics t-shirts in the gym!!! Hehehehehe

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Maria Bella said...

sounds great sangko! glad you are keeping up with the work-outs~ I am really proud of you big bro!

10:11 PM  
Blogger Joseph Forest a.k.a. Joselito L. said...

"big bro" is right...'coz i'm now at the biggest (and heaviest!) i've ever been in my entire life!!! hehehehehehe. and it's so much more difficult to lose pounds now when i'm in my fifties than say about 5 years ago!!! arrrrgh!!!

7:28 AM  
Blogger JUN said...

good thing you read about that NEJ item, otherwise, baka naman ang puso ang madali. ingat ka lang, you'll get a positive result, i know as we all your past endevours.

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home