Wednesday, November 29, 2006

the tests.....

as part of the differential diagnoses on what is causing my hypertension.... and in order to pinpoint the exact cause...... yesterday, my cardiologist..... (hehehehehe.... now i have my own cardiologist.... yay!!!) ordered that i undergo several tests. the immediate tests that need to be done were complete blood count (CBC), urinalysis, T4 and TSH function tests, plus one test that i cannot remember but will involve blood sodium levels. for these tests, fasting blood samples and a urine sample have to be submitted to a diagnostic laboratory.

the other tests the cardiologist ordered are the magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and magnetic resonance angiogram (MRA) of my head, as well as a chest x-ray. i'm scheduled for these next monday afternoon at the makati med.
since the blood exam results are needed before the MRI/MRA....... from rob's place yesterday, i called the laboratory that does home service sample collection and i had myself scheduled for this morning. the medical technologist came here today at 8:00 am and collected my fasting blood and urine samples. she said she'll just fax the results here at home as soon as they're complete.
last night was a tuesday night..... weekly dinner night with mommy & daddy and weekly visit night with kuya, gwen & gail at quezon city. we did go to proj 8 last night..... straight from the drugstore and the supermarket where we bought my drugs, mommy's groceries, and our groceries, fruits and veggies.

my doctor told me to fast for 12 hours before the collection of my fasting blood sample. since the med tech was supposed to come to the house at 6:30 am today and since we arrived at quezon city at 7:15 pm last night, i did not take any dinner there. instead, i ate my leftover pizza from Kulinarya while driving to quezon city.

(oh by the way, the results of the blood exams and the urinalysis have just been faxed here at home. an initial and cursory look at what it says shows that my blood sugar level is okay; however, my total cholesterol, my triglycerides, and my LDL or bad cholesterol levels are high. additionally, my free T4 blood level is high but my TSH level is normal. am not exactly sure if these are accurate and what they actually mean..... i guess i better stop playing doctor and wait for whatever my cardiologist will say!!!)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Joseph Forest a.k.a. Joselito L. said...

thank you nina...thank you much!!!

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home