Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The first visit....

yesterday, jon rob, and i went to the makati medical center for my introductory and first visit with rob and nini's cardiologist.... Dr. Raul Lapitan. we arrived at his office a few minutes before our appointment time of 11:30 am.....so we didn't really wait that long for the doctor to see "us". i said "us" because when it was my turn, all three of us went inside the examination room!!!

in my tag board messages yesterday, i said that the check up went well because as far as the diagnosis of hypertension is concerned, that was confirmed by the doctor....which means that, at least, now i can be prescribed drugs which will alleviate the almost daily severe headaches i've been experiencing lately..... and he did prescibe "atenolol", a cardioselective beta-blocker, for the hypertension and "bromazepam", a sedative, for the anxiety attacks that sometimes accompany the headaches.

from my description of my medical history and my symptoms and from Dr. Lapitan's physical examination of my self..... plus the results of the ECG that he conducted on me right there at his examination room, there are several possibilities on what is the cause of my hypertension..... including hyperthyroid/hypothyroid conditions and probably the bone spurs growing inside my cervical veterbral canal. to eliminate these different possibilities and pinpoint the exact cause, Dr. Lapitan ordered several tests that i have to undergo in the next few days.... before my second visit with him on december 5, wednesday, next week.

from makati med, we went to Rockwell Powerplant Mall where we took our lunch....at 4:00 pm.... at Kulinarya!!! then, we took rob back to her home nearby.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home