Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Things I miss...


One of the things i miss most about living in a temperate country, e.g. USA or Japan, is the presence of the four seasons. The Philippines is a tropical country and we only have two types of seasons - the dry season and the wet season. The dry season, especially during El nino is very HOT, while during the wet season we get rains most days due to the monsoon.
I'm not sure exactly which of the four seasons I like most, but for sure it isn't Summer. I hate the humidity and the heat and, in some places like Minnesota, I hate the mosquitoes. When it's hot and humid you can remove all your clothes and it's still hot... you can stay in the bathtub or take showers for hours but when you get out of them it's still hot and humid ....unlike during Winter or cold days, you can feel warm just by adding layers of clothes to your skin.
Generally, I guess I love the start of each season and I don't care much for the end of each season. I love the start of Spring when days get warmer, flowers start to bloom, grass & leaves start to grow. I love the start of Summer when days are no longer very cold yet not yet too hot. I love the beginning of Fall when leaves start to change colors and days start to get cold. I love the beginning of Winter especially when the snow starts to fall and covers everything outside with a blanket of powdery white ice.
Mid-seasons are also very appealing to me. They have this mystical quality in them that conjures different emotions within me... the Winter Solstice, the Spring Equinox, the Summer Solstice, and the Fall Equinox ....just the words alone make me feel like going outside, find a quiet place, meditate and reflect, and just be one with nature!
Sigh....I wonder when I'll ever experience these again...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home