Wednesday, October 18, 2006

My Father's Old Man....Part 1

Yup, you read it right ....this is about my father's old man, not my old man ...in other words, this is about my grandfather. this article came out in the Manila Bulletin during Father's Day 2000 ....a year before my own father (who i will talk about later) suffered a stroke and had pneumonia.

I wonder if i'll be able to do the same for my "old man" later on, when the time comes. (Please click on the picture to read the article).

Note: My father is the youngest of 3 siblings born from the second marriage of my grandfather who was a widower when he married my grandmother. Shown in the black and white photo are my uncle, Primitivo (deceased), my aunt Rosario, (deceased) my dad Pablo, and my grandfather, Jose.

(By the way, as I mentioned in an earlier blog entry, I was named after him.)

When my grandfather passed away, it was estimated that he was at least 105 years old. No records of his own birth exists because during the war, the town hall in our province of Bataan was bombed by the Japanese during the Second World War.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home